Board of Directors
The Board of Directors for New Mom Project include Gwen Broda, Sara Butler, Margaret Bilson and Heidi Kern.
Call for Expressions of Interest Opportunity to
Serve as a Volunteer Board Member with The New Mom Project
Are you interested in volunteering in an environment where work is carried out with a community health framework? Do you believe each family has the right to a healthy, happy and supported start? An outstanding opportunity to join a grass-roots, respected and growing registered charitable organization aimed at building a community where all mothers are supported free of judgment is available.
Expressions of interest are requested from individuals who would like to volunteer on The New Mom Project’s Board of Directors. We are looking for candidates with strong knowledge and experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Finance and fiduciary oversight of a not-for-profit/registered charity
- Fundraising, major gifts and corporate donations
- Board governance
- Strategic thinking and business planning
- Excellent communication skills
- Social Media, e-newsletter and online campaign management
- Ability to build and nurture relationships of trust, collaborating with other Board members
Board members are expected to:
- Commit to the objectives and values of NMP, ensuring NMP receives appropriate Board-level support for the effective management and financial health of the organization
- Regularly attend board meetings, special functions of the Board (as scheduled through the year), and participate in Board sub-committees and/or accept project-specific committee assignments
- Familiarize themselves with NMP’s foundational documents, including the bylaws
- Contribute to effective board governance decision making and provide comment and input whenever required
- Commit to a one year term
Application Process: Expressions of Interest (cover letter, resume, and 2 references) are requested by Friday June 1, 2018. The New Mom Project Board Recruitment Committee will review submissions and convene interviews by the end of June. Submissions and general enquiries should be emailed to the attention of the Board Recruitment Committee, attention Helene Llorens at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for expressing your interest in being part of The New Mom Project – a vibrant, growing organization dedicated to building a community of caring and support.